Dear Families of Kids World Pediatric Dentistry,
We hope you are all well and in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Texas State Dental Board, American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff from the current COVID-19 crisis. The process to check in will for now be different than the previous “normal”
• Before your appointment, please visit the Forms tab on our website to complete as this will reduce paperwork at the office. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office in case anything has changed. The patient’s temperature will be taken upon arrival. Please understand that if required we might have to reschedule your visit.
• Check in by phone when you park your car. You will receive a text to enter the office.
• Please bring only the patient that is being seen and one adult.
• We will guide you to either a seating area assigned with a letter or straight to the treatment room.
• Mandatory: Please wear mask.
• Please maintain social distancing.
• Only patients in treatment areas when possible, this reduces effects of any aerosols.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, books, toys, i-pads and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 210 787 1200 or visit our website at kidsworldpediatricdental.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you and your smiles.
Kids World Pediatric Dentistry